MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Additional Groups with their own Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a Gamer's board set up for our community, and I'm trying to add a forum for the Web masters of the board.

I've created a Forum for them and I've created a group for them. I've set that group as the only ones with Full Access and what we call the "Council" (The admins if you'd like) to have View Access. No one else can even see it.

I am both a Council member and a Web master member. Council is my Primary and Web master is one of two additional groups.

I can see the forum and access it, but I cannot add a thread.

I'd offer a link, but this is being done on my localhost as I don't touch "production" until it's tested and working properly in the sandbox.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

DB Phantom CM - Founder and Council Member
The Devil's Brigade Gaming Community
http://www.dbrigade.com
Any ideas?
Clarification -
Clarification -

The web master groupwill always be a secondary/tertiary forum group.
No one else can even view - outside of the Council group, and that is all they can do.

I need to set this up to where if yo are a part of this group - not as a primary - you have full access to it.

Again - will never be primary.

help???
I didn't really understand your question, (actually I don't know what is the question)

But if all you want to do is give those "council members" the ability to create new threads, go to admin cp > forums and posts > "their forum" -- Options -- Edit Forum > the second table called "Forum permissions in XXX Forum" > try to find their new group you've just created and give them the privileges you want "View, Post Threads, Post Replies, Post Polls"... Save
The question is - how can I get an addional group's forum to be writable?

I created it and as a member of a View only and a Full access group I cannot write to it. I need to ensure only those who have an additional group of webdesigner can see or write to it - with the exception of the Council. That parts easy.

And I do know how to set permissions. I've got them all set. Only the webdesigner group has access to write, only the council has view and no one else can even see the forum.

But when I go to create a thread it says I don't have permissions.

I am assuming that my Council (main group) group is taking precedence over my webdesigner (secondary group) group.
{BIG SIGH}

It was working right up until today. Now I don't have access again. I've logged out and relogged in, but the forum where I have set as a secondary forum I get permission denied to post.
My Main Dispaly Group has View Only, but the Secodnary Group for me has full access.

I've rechecked the permissions and they have not changed.

I've cleared my cache, and still no luck. I get the following

[Image: noaccess.png]