MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: visitor reading java script files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a visitor that reads a couple of java script files at this directory:
Quote:jscripts/prototype.js?ver=1603
also ver=1600 then proceeds to task dot php. Does anyone know what the visitor is doing. For the most part I have the board set for guest to view forums. No User profiles or Member lists, calendar etc. They also view cache theme global css.

First I thought it was the browser downloading the script and css but they are actually viewing the files. Why go to directly to task dot php?
task.php is for tasks, it doesn't display anything to the users nor does it require anything from them...
It's included in your board to run usual forum tasks ""automatically""...
I say it's harmless, your forum can't get hacked through a Javascript file or task.php but that's weird actually..
Have you tried to visit that page using another browser? Maybe it's only you who appears twice on the "Who's online" Smile
actually I'm using cpanels recent visitors to monitor traffic. I get a lot of useful information. I have referring urls from Asia that list my free hosting. check this out I think I have you IP if you visited from this thread.

The strange thing is same IP visits every now and then, same directories then leaves. Maybe its someone using the theme images, and css. But why script and task. I'm about to block him. Don't think its hurting any thing.
Viewing JavaScript files will pose absolutely no Problems.. Task.php at most they'll cause your email queue to send early, or user promotion. Nothing harmful
cool booher
I won't worry as much.
They're not viewing the files individually. The page requests task.php and the javascript files, so it shows up in logs.
(2011-11-16, 12:46 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]They're not viewing the files individually. The page requests task.php and the javascript files, so it shows up in logs.

Exactly. @OP, I thought you were viewing them on the "Who's online" page on your board (aka online.php file), but since you're viewing that on your cPanel, then it's totally normal, once someone loads a page on his browser, it calls all the related pages (including .js .css images etc), so it automatically calls your javascript and task.php

It's nothing to worry about it's actually what you should see on your cPanel Smile
(2011-11-16, 12:26 AM)Booher Wrote: [ -> ]Task.php at most they'll cause your email queue to send early, or user promotion.
No, the tasked system is designed to be called via a hidden image and every task will be called when it is supposed to run.