MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove Rate User
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering how I can remove the Rate User feature so that users can only give reputation to a use via a post and not through the profile.

Thanks
I think you need a plugin for that...
You can disable post reputation and keep the profile one tho, and it's meaningless (imo) to disallow direct reputations to a user...
Editing the profile template *might* work, otherwise a very simple plugin would do.
I feel disallowing someone to directly give reputation will discourage rep abuse as if they want to give rep they have to go through a post.

I figure if I do disable direct rep then the reputation given will go down obviously but id prefer to have a forum where people only give reputation on something thats done on the forum other than a personal reason.

Can someone point me in the right direction of a plugin or should I make a new thread in the Plugin requests section?
I've looked around, and no plugin is needed.

Edit template Member>member_profile and delete {$reputation}.

Edit Reputation>reputation and delete {$add_reputation}.
Thanks ill give it a try Big Grin
(2011-11-15, 11:08 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]I've looked around, and no plugin is needed.

Edit template Member>member_profile and delete {$reputation}.

Edit Reputation>reputation and delete {$add_reputation}.

If they post via a form they created themselves they can still add reputations @.@
The OP wants to disable it and not just try hiding it
It'd be a bit more difficult to do that, and it'd need a plugin. Hmm.
To be honest im not going to spend ages trying to make sure there is no absolute way to stop people from giving direct reputation, making it hard will do me fine.

The above edits that you gave Paul are great, but do you know how I can keep the amount of reputation the user has on their profile and just remove the "[Rate]" link?

Thanks
I guess it could be done with a bit of edits in reputation.php file. Am busy with my exams till 23rd, after that I'd try to accomplish this.