MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: posts at the same time error?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
That surprises me that the odds would be that high. What about boards with hundreds or thousands of members? That has never happened here??? I only have 78 members. LOL
DrPoodle Wrote:As far as I am aware, it is impossible for PHP to handle two of these requests at exactly the same time.

Dunno what might have caused that though...
I think it was more of MySQL handling these posts instead of PHP, PHP just processes them.
Tikitiki Wrote:woah. Thats like a 1 in a millionth chance....
Two posts being made at the same second? No it's not... it happens quite regularly at msghelp.net... Toungue
Well... If you get that big, than 1 in a millionth change isn't so big anymore....
That looks a lot like a Unix timestamp to me, so has a granuality of a second, therefore making the chance of a collision likely.
maddog39 Wrote:I think it was more of MySQL handling these posts instead of PHP, PHP just processes them.
not really, those posts would of needed to be made within an second after eachother to have the same unix timestamp, since that is generated by PHP before sending to MySQL.
Perhaps, if its sent at the same time, the variables are getting mixed up, because php is parsing them at the same time? What version of php are you running?

I'm pretty sure this isn't a bug with mysql
PHP runs each request in a seperate thread. Unless there's a serious problem with PHP the memory is unique to each thread, therefore variables can't "get confused".
PHP Version 4.3.11

Well, something got "confused" Laser! Otherwise, I wouldn't have had this problem! Big Grin
laser Wrote:PHP runs each request in a seperate thread. Unless there's a serious problem with PHP the memory is unique to each thread, therefore variables can't "get confused".

But alas, what if you don't have a multi-threaded server? PHP definately wouldn't create another proccess for each visit - That'd be too slow and would be a memory sucker
Pages: 1 2 3