MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Different template editor (or option for multiple template editors)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I suggest you should have the template editor as something other than codepress. Codepress is buggy, and doesn't even allow tabs without modifying the code. I suggest using EditArea It supports syntax highlighting, automatic tabs when you create a new line, tab multiple lines at once, has a nice format bar at the top to make the text bigger/smaller, and has an undo button,find button, (which can also find and replace), goto line button, you can toggle the syntax hilighting,

It even supports the following keyboard shortcuts:
Shortcuts:
Tab: add tabulation to text
Shift+Tab: remove tabulation to text
Ctrl+f: search next / open search area
Ctrl+r: replace / open search area
Ctrl+h: toggle syntax highlight on/off
Ctrl+g: go to line
Ctrl+z: undo
Ctrl+y: redo
Ctrl+e: about
Ctrl+q, Esc: close popup
Accesskey E: Toggle editor
good idea Booher / I hope they are already doing this (?)
CodePress is absolute trash. My minimum request is indent/tab support and syntax highlighting.
Uh, aren't they using twig?
(2011-11-17, 01:20 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Uh, aren't they using twig?

twig isn't an editor it's a template engine.
(2011-11-17, 01:20 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Uh, aren't they using twig?

Twig is a template engine. I'm talking about something to edit templates. from what i've seen EditArea is the best. it has tab support, syntax hilighting, and tons of other nice features.
I think we still plan to use CodeMirror. CodePress will be removed in a later 1.6 release and replaced with it, and to be honest, it's the only one I've seen that is actively maintained.
Lol. i appear to have brokne codemirror.

For me at least, every new line added a new tab.

{
  Sup?
    why do?
      Omg.
        omg.
          lol -.-
            wat
              im confused
                AHHH
                  WHY IS IT MAKING AN EXTRA INDENT EVERY LINE
                    :(
                      wtf.

like that.
I have it built into a 1.6.4 forum and it works perfectly for me.
As long as the templates don't end up looking like vbulletin's I'd be happy since Vbulletin's is confusing and difficult for me when I've used it.
Pages: 1 2