MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Alphabetical index
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, tried this question in mycodes but no reply so moving question to here instead.

Alphabet menu for categories

We're developing a chatroom that will be quite regionalised so, for example, people in Milton Keynes will want to go to the Milton Keynes section, people in Watford will want to go to the Watford section etc.

So what we want to do is put the alphabet across the top, users select the letter then the town they need and go to that section of the forum.

Has anybody done this, have any examples of this or can tell us the best way to do it?

I know we can put all the towns in as a category but I think that's too long a list for one page so would prefer to split across different sections. Just to confirm, this is a forum about local travel and is not an adult or dating site.

Hope this makes sense

Thanks
you can use regular html css menu (ul and li) in header to link wherever you want !!
I know what you mean but, when I set up a new category for example Hertfordshire - it will just show on the front page. How do I move it to it's own page?
^ all categories have their own pages (eg.) ; they are like forums (links with forumdisplay.php?fid=xyz)
Ah ok. I must have been doing something wrong when I set them up. Ill try again. Thanks for your help