MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: syntax error in global.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Just finished an install;
Your copy of MyBB has successfully been installed and configured correctly.

I can access and operate the Admin section from the URL.

When I try to open the forum, I get:

Quote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.' in /home/azbird/public_html/sightings/global.php on line 328

Here is Ln 328;
have you modified global.php file for any purpose ? if so, do you remember where you have seen required code ...
(2011-11-17, 07:02 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]have you modified global.php file for any purpose ? if so, do you remember where you have seen required code ...

Thanks for being so prompt, Ranjani.

I don't recall modding global.php - it does not appear on the list of files to change during setup, and other than add a couple of forums from Admin I have made no changes at all.
as it is a fresh install - I do not see any reason for modifying ; yet wanted to confirm

below is line 328 on global.php
eval("\$bbclosedwarning = \"".$templates->get("global_boardclosed_warning")."\";");

you have extra code in that line ; not sure how you got that ...

have you downloaded myBB package from this site OR from elsewhere ?

if you get logged into admin panel, its better to verify all files to find any changes
admin panel --> tools & maintenance --> file verification
(2011-11-17, 07:27 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]as it is a fresh install - I do not see any reason for modifying ; yet wanted to confirm

below is line 328 on global.php
eval("\$bbclosedwarning = \"".$templates->get("global_boardclosed_warning")."\";");

you have extra code in that line ; not sure how you got that ...

have you downloaded myBB package from this site OR from elsewhere ?

if you get logged into admin panel, its better to verify all files to find any changes
admin panel --> tools & maintenance --> file verification

Dowloaded from here. Ran file verification and all OK.
Not sure how I got that code either. What part can I remove?
That is valid code. What is your PHP version?
(2011-11-17, 08:57 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]That is valid code. What is your PHP version?

(2011-11-17, 08:57 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]That is valid code. What is your PHP version?

Really? Did you even look at the screenshot he provided?

@OP: Replace global.php with a fresh version downloaded from this site. I'm not sure what's happened exactly since you say you didn't modify the file, but a fresh version should fix the error.
(2011-11-18, 01:53 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]

Really? Did you even look at the screenshot he provided?

@OP: Replace global.php with a fresh version downloaded from this site. I'm not sure what's happened exactly since you say you didn't modify the file, but a fresh version should fix the error.

I think he took the stock code as from the OP on accident Toungue
Thanks. That's what I decided to do.

Also, since I'll be downloading - can you point me to the portal plug-in?

Pages: 1 2