MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: So Who Ordered New Processor?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well since AMD's new prices went into effect, who bought one?

I just spent 550.00 upgrading my system - new video card - GeForce 7600GT, 1GB PC6400 RAM, 3800+ x2 64 - dual core, and a MSI K9 Premium SLI mobo

Nothing too fancy, but is all I could afford on my budget.

mwave.com seems to have the cheapest prices on the processors. $153.00 for the 3800+ X2 64
I can't afford new anything. =/

I've got an empty shell computer upstairs that has a Pentium 4, GeForce 4 Graphics Card, a CD Burner, a great sound card, 896 Megabytes of RAM, and tons of other stuff.

And I can't use it cuz it doesn't have an OS on it, and I can't get Ubuntu to work with AOHell. Sad
I don't think I need an upgrade from my 1.6ghz p-m laptop w/ 1.25gb ram and 64mb on-board graphic. I am not much into gaming so I don't waste $$ on upgrades Toungue ..

Quote:1.6ghz p-m laptop

2.4 Ghz right here. Smile
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:And I can't use it cuz it doesn't have an OS on it, and I can't get Ubuntu to work with AOHell. Sad
Logic would state you should get rid of AOL and get a proper ISP Toungue
Yea I have to agree, but in some places it's the best ISP around.
I've been wanting to upgrade my home server. Currently it has a 2.6GHz P4 with 1GB RAM. I want to go with a 64 bit architecture, possibly doing 2 processors instead of 1. I'll add another GB of RAM once the prices go down.
DrPoodle Wrote:Logic would state you should get rid of AOL and get a proper ISP Toungue

If I had money I would, but currently my girlfriends sister pays for the AOL.
Snake Wrote:
laie_techie Wrote:I've been wanting to upgrade my home server. Currently it has a 2.6GHz P4 with 1GB RAM. I want to go with a 64 bit architecture, possibly doing 2 processors instead of 1. I'll add another GB of RAM once the prices go down.

Wow you got a good home server compared to what I got. I got a 1.2Ghz AMD duron the motherboard is done though every time I restart it, it forgets the CPU speed. But my 3500+ AMD is just fine for what I do with my desktop pc. And my laptop is on it's way. Big Grin

My systems are from the computer Stone Age compared to those!

~silverwing - who still runs a grape iMac (six years old? seven?) and a cheap Dell (about 5 years?)
Pages: 1 2