MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Linking Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Howdy.

This is a bit of a head scratcher... and a bit of an annoyance at the same time so I hope someone can help me out.

Without getting too deep into the reasons for it, I backed up our forums and moved em off our normal host to a secondary. Then, I moved them back to the original host.

Did the database backup and all that jazz... no problems.

Well, we got a big error here ladies and gentlemen.

What I run into now is that none of my themes are working and all my top links are directing themselves back to the secondary.

Original - http://www.lowbiasgaming.com/forums/

When I look at the source code for my site I see the old address all over the place. It's in the cookieDomain field and just about everywhere else I look for that matter.

Now, here's where the extra confusing part (at least for a noob like me comes in)... When I did the first move from original to secondary, I didn't have to relink anything... it just worked. that whole "/images/" situation. Ya dig?

Well, when I get into my ACP and look at all the locations for images and all that... they say "/images/(whatever)". They haven't been changed at all in any of this process, but they're pointing to the old location that doesn't even exist anymore.

I haven't yet gone into the ACP and physically changed all that addresses around because I've been working with other problems. While I'm sure this would (probably) fix my image problem, I don't it fixing my toplinks. They all have the original code that contains the "bburl" bit in it.

How can I fix this? Any ideas?

=====
Edit: This linking thing also happens in the ACP. The "View Forum" link takes me to the secondary address.
your css files are linked to lowbiasgaming.site88.net ; first check if you have correct board URL

admin panel --> configuration --> settings --> General Configuration --> Board URL
Ok, that solved a few problems. lol

My themes are all screwed up though. Sad I can get all the logos working and all the images working but the body of the page keeps the color and layout of the default theme (blue and white).
^ admin panel --> themes <-- click on each theme to see its details

do you see correct path for images directory ?
Yeah, I just finished checking all of those.

The custom images are showing up but the rest of the theme is not.

[attachment=24689]

This theme, for instance, should have a green background with black containers for all the links n' what not.

Every theme does this.
^ needs to be checked by someone experienced with required temporary privileges (ACP & FTP) ...
I can make that happen. PM me and talk real nice and I'll give you the information you'd need. Whoever "you" may end up being.

Edit (11:34pm)
============
I'm very confused... they seem to be working now.

Well, some of them at least.
try this : open your global.css / main css file for each theme AND save it as if you made changes ...
And... the two that weren't working are now working with that suggestion you made.

Thanks a lot for the help Ranjani!