MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: problems With Localhost Copy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Righty hoe, i created a mysql backup of my forums online, and a directory backup onto my home Xampp Server, ready for me to do the update to 1.1.6.
I edited:
inc/config.php
inc/settings.php

To my Localhost and my mysql.
it seemed to all work, and then i installed the new version (1.1.6) of mybb over the top excluding these two files (config and settings.php)
All seemed to work and i cant login to my AdminCP!
What it does do is take ages to load then shoves

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\forums\admin\global.php on line 117

in my face, now that to me is tellgin me my mailserver isnt working, which it is and i have tested it with annonamous emailing from scripts, so what i dont get is why this is needed as a main pat of the script to log me in!

Please god help!

I wanna re-furbish my boards sex them up a bit and re-release them etc Toungue
I was plannign on doign this today, with without my ACP i dont stand a chance in gettign the skin i want lol Toungue

Edit:
played about with my Mecury mail, and now i dont get that error, Its because i was entering the incorrect password and it was emailing me to tell me there was an idiot trying to guess my password lol like it!

But now i got a worse problem, as it loggs me in kinda. .look what i get Confused
[attachment=3481]
Try re-uploading the admin files to see if that solves your problem. It almost looks like images are getting repeated or trying to be produced.

Out of curiousity, what happens when you login now that you fixed the mail error?
make sure the cookie settings are correct in the settings.php file, and clear your cookies/cache.
Also, make sure that FF is not rejecting localhost's cookies.
Erm.. i tryed all that, and nothing same thing Sad
I'll try installing a fresh copy of the software and see if that works.. then i can see if its my server, software, browser.. Smile
Nope.. Confused
well if i run my server throught a domain, E.G. wbb.sytes.net (directs straight to my boards) then boom, all login and orange works Big Grin so.. ill just use this for the time-being!