MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.6.4 permissions for users and groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, just installed 1.6.4, configuring the forum for getting public. at this time available only trough your local hosts edit.

my problem is, the registered user is allways able to edit and delete ANYONES post. NO mather what group the post author is. No mather how the difeeren group permission setting was made. Allways the same result.

After i moved one user to the "Super Moderators" groups, the "sticky optipon" for new entry appears allways for all users during posting or editing own or others posts. Smile

No mather what i change at the groups permission settings, i have allways the same results described above.

Iam not a neewby in configuring systems like that using adminpanel.

any sugestion how to get this right?

thnx LA

please run file verification tool at the tools & maintenance section to check if you have correct files

in general, ordinary user has no moderating privileges , unless there is something wrong ...

may be its better
if you also make a test board online (use a free host eg.) so that someone experienced can check
thnx for reply ranjani
file verif checked now. just missing the mybb default avatars i have deleted cause my customs one.
"images/avatars/*"

for testing the board , just use
"www.****.**"
(only one usergroup is used now "registered", no users in "supermoderator" or "moderator groups" available now)

NOTICE
===========
trimm your
C:\\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
with
**.**.**.** www.****.**
**.***.**.** www.****.**

OOPS, just found the reason. Sorry for bugging you. Iam an assH*** Smile

Reason was: wrong seted moderator option for the testingForum. (registered group)

Was too tired yesterday to realize this.
Anyway, your help was very helpful for me.

!Heart