MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Running 2 boards from one database??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Would i be able to run another mybb forum using the same database as another on of my forums so that members do not need to re register?

Smile

Thanks,
Joe

www.mybblog.org
Yes, all you did need to do is specify a different table prefix then the other one. Smile
If you want to share the users you could write a plugin so that the details of a user will be inserted into the database of the second board, too.
Can you please show me how I can use one board in two different path (with one database)?

Many thanks
If you want to do it all within one database do what Ryan Ashbrook said. Create the tables under a different prefix. If you want them to share the same users you can have the MyBB access the users table from one section by modifying a few things.
Best Regards.
If the forums are in different domains! Is it possible still!!

Can MyBB use remote database for usertables ?

If possible then plz care to show me a tutorial.

Thanks.
hi guys
I have two board and I need one database that be share users and all post but i try changing setting.php in inc folder and change in cp admin too but i can't change in CP admin . i don't know why never change cp admin parameters for cooky and Url name? pls help me if you know. thx