MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unique category and forum codings on index?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there! I was wondering if there was a way that I could hard code the look of certain categories on the index page? It's hard to explain so I'll link you to two sites and then explain from there.

Site one and Site two

Do you see how for certain categories and forums they've added images and coded them to look different to the rest of the site? That's the kind of effect I'm going for. I know these use IPB 1.3 software but I was hoping there was a way we could do this on MYBB?

I'm pretty sure they use the forum/category IDs. Perhaps there's a way to implement an if function (Sorry, vB terminology - not sure of the MYBB equivalent)?

For example:

<if category=1> Coding for category one in category template

<else> Coding for every other category

</if>
Would this be more suited to the coding section?
there is a PHP in Templates plugin that would help, but I think that would could do most of it with basic template edits and proper descriptions for each forum. maybe some code change or a plugin. the images can be from your forum descriptions.
If I use the php in templates plugin do you know what conditionals/variables I would use?
Or the other way as well... I'm pretty horrendous with anything too technical so a push in the right direction would be appreciated <3
Sorry to bump, but any clues?