MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Create API system for myBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As soon as,
I think we should create a API systemp for myBB.
Some API function:
do_login, do_register...
I think it very usefull.
it make mybb easy connect with other php application.
ex: easy connect , using mybb with facebook, tweeter, OpenID, or passport...
(I like this idea. You can imagine: Only one accout, you can login, edit and use not only at myBB, but also at very very php application (such as ucenter, php video, game app)) and so on.Big Grin

I will try study Yii frameword! and become a mybb developer. I hope myBB 2.0 won't change hook system. Over many plugins will not use with myBB 2.0 if this change over big
Sorry my English very bad Sad
I hope U understand my idea
[email protected]
http://community.mybb.com/thread-99746.html API will be included like you can see. As for hooks, this might change, as it was confirmed that no current plugins or themes will work with 2.0
I'm fairly sure hooks will remain the same, or an equivalent system will be implemented. There doesn't need to be an API, the hooks work fine Smile
The API (for my knowledge) is geared more to integration is it not? Or I am pretending to know more then I do again?
Yes, my definition of an API is just that, it allows external programs to run functions from within mybb Smile