MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: style 'blockquote' message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to give some fancy css style to 'blockquote' message.
With css styling in global.css I also need to change some html things in the respective template/s.
In which template I can find this html tag "blockquote"?
still no answer?
Try any one of these;
http://css-tricks.com/examples/Blockquotes/
http://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/simpl...e-styling/
http://www.webmaster-source.com/2008/04/...e-styling/
(You may search the CSS blackquote styling using google aswell)

Then Go to: Admin Control Panel > Themes > Your theme > global.css > and search .blockquote style, replace the style with the above website's blockquote style. You may also need to play it yourself to make the styling according to your desire.
Thanks Yaldaram.
But I didnt ask for .css styling. I do have much experience in this field. Smile
I need to know the exact template/s in which this tag "blockquote" is used. I want to add few more div/span tags at that "blockquote" point.
^ admin panel --> templates --> Search/Replace (tab) --> Search/Replace --> Search For <--
enter blockquote AND do not enter anything in Replace With (Optional) ; click on Find and Replace
There is not quote template, just the blockquote html tag tha you edit from the css style, as you mentioned you know a lot about that field.

You will ned to edit a core file to add things to the quote output.
(2011-11-22, 05:44 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ admin panel --> templates --> Search/Replace (tab) --> Search/Replace --> Search For <--
enter blockquote AND do not enter anything in Replace With (Optional) ; click on Find and Replace
Sorry to say that I did this earlier. Wink
But its strange that I couldnt find the required template.
I found the following templates which I dont need to modify:
  • Found in misc_syndication_feedurl
  • Found in report
  • Found in report_noreason
  • Found in report_thanks
  • Found in reputation_added
  • Found in reputation_add_error
  • Found in reputation_deleted

I need the Show_post template in which I may be able to change/modify some html tags (such as: div, span etc) around "blockquote" tag.

(2011-11-22, 06:21 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]You will ned to edit a core file to add things to the quote output.
Exactly !
thats what I want to know that where is this "core file"? Huh
^ well, there is no show_post template ; you may have to modify class_parser.php file ...

instead of that, may be its better to make your own mycode similar to quote !!
(2011-11-22, 06:32 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ well, there is no show_post template ; you may have to modify class_parser.php file ...

instead of that, may be its better to make your own mycode similar to quote !!
I can make my own mycode similar to quote, its no problem. but how can I replace the original "blockquote" (to be shown only in Show_posts and not in other templates) with mycode? where?
^ you can use this as an example AND make your own mycode for the required blockquote style

try using \[quote\](.*?)\[/quote\] as Regular expression AND put required html replacement / style modification