MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin options.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do we edit admins settings so that all current super admins get no affected.

I edit admins settings but I get affected even when I'm a super admin.

It is a little confusing.
the admin permissions in ACP or the admin usergroup settings when using the forum?
(2011-11-22, 01:20 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]the admin permissions in ACP or the admin usergroup settings when using the forum?

The ones for the admins, not the group permissions for the administrators gruoup.

It is suppose to affect only non super admins, but it does affect super admins, maybe I don't get it.
[Image: ACP_User_Perms_Config.png]
You can change the admin groups without affecting the super admins, and vic-versa as they are two different groups and their default permissions are completely differently. You can actually change any group without it affecting the next group unless you have them tied together in a way.
super admins are just regular admins, the only difference is that they can not be deleted or have their permissions changed by other admins. they are still bound by the regular permissions system
Yes, the thing is that if I change the default permissions, other admins are not affected, they retain their permission from before I edited the default ones.

Reverting group permission doesn't help.
yes, because those are the default permissions for new admins. once you set individual permissions, those are the ones used.
(2011-11-22, 04:31 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]yes, because those are the default permissions for new admins. once you set individual permissions, those are the ones used.

Yes, but for example, once a admin is using the group permissions, if you revert those to default, default permissions are suppose to be used, but they are not.

The users will have all values set to 'no'.
i believe that they are still assigned to the individual admin, as if you did specific permissions. so reseting the group perms does not fix it. you then need to reassign the group permissions to the user to get the new settings.

not saying its right or wrong, but its the simplest way to work the code.
Pages: 1 2