MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: help moving from phpbb2 to mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello there

having sucessfully set up a mybb forum on one server for a website that I do I am now wondering about a move from phpbb2 to mybb on another website

do I install mybb then import the phpbb database? I have tried a search but cant seem to find any items relating to what I want to do

can somebody point me in the right direction
thanks
[Wiki: Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

[Wiki: Running_the_Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Please refer to:

[Wiki: Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
[Wiki: Running_the_Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
UTF-8 Conversion Issues
Attachment Issues
Common SQL Queries Post-Merge
Dev Tracker (Open Issues)
(2011-11-22, 05:29 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ][Wiki: Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

If the wiki was any help we wouldn't be here Huh
it says to add the merge files to a copy of the mybb: but where do we and how do we add the full copy to our directorys?, in the same directory overwriting the files. or in a new directory?.
MyBB wiki Wrote:Uploading the Files

With the files extracted from the MyBB package, upload the 'merge' directory from the package to your existing installation of MyBB's folder. You must keep the files inside the 'merge' directory.

Things to keep in mind:

Make sure that the directory structure is kept. (ie. the files in the admin directory should be uploaded to a directory called admin, the files in the archive directory should be uploaded to a directory called archive, etc)
Make sure that you upload the .php, .html, .css and any other text file in ASCII mode, and that you upload the .gif, .jpg, .png, and any other binary file in Binary mode (see your FTP software documentation)