MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpBB to myBB merge results bad post counting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I tried the merge system and it has more posts that i could remember it had on the phpBB forum, then i installed mybb again and i placed the merge system again and it had that wronog posts number again (the same as the first time i used the merge system).
I made some searches and it's a bad result, lemme show you the proofs

So i have a market forum and it says it has 5 posts

[Image: pic1c.png]

After i accessed it i have 2 topics, "Model postare"(1 post) and V! PSP 2000!(2 posts).

[Image: pic2j.png]

So i thought the reply that makes a topic might be counted on the index page and on the forum page not, so i checked up the thread but it's not there was only one post in "Model postare" as the picture shows you the same thing.

[Image: pic3f.png]

Sorry for the latest picture but i had to make 1 picture from 2 so i used paint to show there is only one post cause i couldn't make a photo on my whole screen...

Hope u'll fix this issue. Thanks!
Run this SQL query:

UPDATE `mybb_threads` t SET firstpost=(SELECT MIN(pid) FROM `mybb_posts` p WHERE t.tid=p.tid)

Also go to Admin CP > Tools & Maintenance > Recount & Rebuild and run all the tools there (specifically Rebuild Thread Counters). It's also worth rebuilding the stats cache in Cache Manager.
The thing with recount & rebuild did it before + i ran your sql code, same thing then i did that recount & rebuild option again and nothing's changed. :-s
Rebuild the stats cache in the cache manager
Please refer to:

[Wiki: Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
[Wiki: Running_the_Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
UTF-8 Conversion Issues
Attachment Issues
Common SQL Queries Post-Merge
Dev Tracker (Open Issues)
(2011-11-22, 11:37 PM)Booher Wrote: [ -> ]Rebuild the stats cache in the cache manager

Same problem please, any help?

P.S: Works now i followed this (thanks Dylan M.) and then went to recount & rebuild and i had use all of those settings. Thanks for ur help!
The resources are there, just not everyone knows where to look Wink