MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posting/PM replaces text with "undefined"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Morning,

I did a search for "undefined" on these forums and read through all the posts. We do not have the Wibiya bar installed and until today have not had any problems at all. What's even weirder is that it only seems to occur to one user.

This individual has to edit his posts to replace the "undefined" word with what he wrote. The editing works for him. It occurs on more than one myBB website so it's not something unique to my own.

He uses Windows and Internet Explorer and has the latest Java.

http://revenantwings.org/spacemarine/index.php

Anyone got a clue what it could be?

-------------

Plugins:

Show Additional Group Images (1.0)
Displays the groupimages of the users\' additional groups

Default Profile (2.0)
Gives new users who register a default avatar, signature, and profile options.

Header Warning Level (1.6)
Shows a user's warning level in the welcomeblock.

Index Top Posters (1.0.1)
Show Todays/Weekly/Monthly/Forum Top Posters in Index

Social Sites (0.2.1)
Add which social sites you're a member of so you can find eachother on social networking sites.

Spoiler BBCode (1.6)
Hides text specified in the [spoiler] tag.

Tapatalk (2.0.0)
Tapatalk MyBB Plugin

Thank You/Like System (1.5)
Adds option for users to Thank the user for the post or 'Like' the post.

and an Xbox Gamertag plugin.
Oddly - this has just happened on my 1.6 forum aswell. Only today and only with one user who was the last to register.

His posts and PMs say undefined.

I have no plugins installed that are the same as yours, so I doubt it's a plugin issue.

EDIT: actually I do have tapatalk.

Help?
I'm 99% sure it's a javascript/browser issue. I know IE9 caused issues with double posting.
I convinced him to try Chrome and it stopped the issue, so it seems IE doesn't work very well. Shock horror there!

Thanks for your replies people, I really didn't expect it to be resolved so quickly and easily
Well it's not really resolved is it lol.

It needs to be fixed for the latest (I presume) Internet explorer. Obviously it's down the the hard work of the devs now. Cheers guys!
Just to add.

I understand it not working with the quick reply due to the JavaScript/Ajax stuff. But...not working for normal posts and sending PMs?

I guess it's something with the standard wysiwyg editor?