MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Requesting plugin to view first unread post in a thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can we make this possible through a plugin? I first asked my query in the general support forum and at least one person indicated that such a feature would be useful.

Here is a request from one of our members:

Quote:What I mean is a link at the top of the thread after you open it that takes you to the first unread post since you last viewed the thread (which may or may not be the last post). It's very convenient when you have a hot thread that may have received several new posts since you last logged in.

[Image: screenshot1.jpg]

[Image: screenshot2.jpg]
That's exactly what the green arrow on the threadlist does?

Why would anyone want to go to the first post, which they've already read, then click to go to the first unread post? When they could just go straight to the first unread post in one click?

Seems pretty pointless to me, maybe I'm missing something?
The current function only works well if we are discussing a thread with only a few new replies since the member's last visit.

On one of my forums for example, it is not uncommon for some threads to amass more than 10 pages in one day. So in that case, the current function will leave the member perhaps 10 pages ahead of where they really last read the thread.
Regardless of how many posts have been made, the green arrow on the threadlist should take them to the first unread post, not a post 10 pages ahead.