MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass edit prefix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, just convert from phpBB to myBB Sleepy

hem, add some adjustment, and using PREFIX on my new forum, the problem is I have many post before (from my prev phpBB) and need to add prefix in every threads, how to do that, rather than manually one by one

regards,Confused
Can you explain what exactly you need?

You want a thread prefix added to all threads?

Thanks.
I think he wants a certain prefix added to each thread in certain forums, the way they were in his old phpBB forum apparently. The only way I know of doing that would be just make a quick little MySQL function and it could probably do it easily. Although what's the purpose of every thread having the same prefix? Seems like there's no need for the prefix at that point..
Okey, sorry for my BAAAAAAAAAD english, not my natives language

yes, I want to set a prefix for many threads that I just convert from phpBB into myBB

hello fizz, yeah that's correct

The reason why I want to add prefix is because I want to reduce some sub forum, so I merge all the threads from different sub forum into one sub forum, but to keep the differences, I need to add prefix,

need help, thanx
I see, well the problem with mass adding a prefix, is that every single thread will get that prefix. I guess that would be faster if you could make them all the same then just change a few if there's only a few different ones, but otherwise you might just have to manually do it.
yes, that exactly what I mean,
before I merge into one sub forum, I will add same prefix on every sub forum, after every sub forum have their prefix which is same, then I merge it into one new sub forum and we have new sub forum with different prefix from previous sub forum.

so I need to edit mass prefix in every sub forum that I want to merge, its same prefix actually, so It would be easy, after that, merge it

regards,
ok, you need to run this SQL query in PHPMyAdmin if you have it (it's in CPanel)

Replace prefix# with the ID of the prefix you want added to each thread (the prefix id you can find after you make the prefix in the AdminCP) and replace forum# with the ID of the forum you want the threads updated in, which you can find by just clicking on the forum and looking at the URL (forumdisplay.php?fid=2 the 2 is the forum id). Then just run that code in MySQL and you should be set Smile
UPDATE `mybb_threads` SET `prefix`='prefix#' WHERE `fid`='forum#'
ah, super, I will try it, will update here if I got some problem again

thanx
Cool let me know if it works for you.
nice, it works, thanx , SOLVED
Pages: 1 2