MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: View New Posts / exact definition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all,
please help me to figure out what is the most exact definition for the
"View New Posts" selection. (navi menu in main user navi panel -left side in the "View Today's Posts" navimenu
(http://community.mybb.com/search.php?action=getnew)

Is this allways "since last user login"? (How log i the login tracked?)
or is there any other definition for the sum of the selected post shown

thanx
martin
it should be new posts since last login ; however there is a limit from admin panel settings

admin panel --> configuration --> search system --> Hard Limit for Maximum Search Results
its since the last visit, not the last login action.
got it, THNX
let us say seted to "50" now
means 50light-years since last VISITACTION as maximal search limit? Smile)) not sure
there is nothing to set for the View New and View Today. However, overall search results are limited to the number as indicated by ranjani above.
ok, Pavemen
then hardlimit seted to 50
means for me
search.php action getnew
and
serach.php action getdaily
will serve maximal 50results
even if the count of new posts sice last vistaction
or the count of posts in the day
could give the reason for serving more
than 50results

iam right that way?

hope

yes that is correct. the 50 value is not a really valid number since that limit applies to ALL search results, even directly from the search page. You should keep it at 1000 unless your system is limited then reduce to 500, if your system is built really well, then you can bump it up some, but 1000 results is still a lot
oh, thnx pavemen, now iam oriented in
that way, the two "navi buttons" gives not a lot of sense
for my pyrposes.

will thing about deeply
gtg sleep
bye and thnx again
if your site is busy, then it can make a lot of sense. If the site gets 2,000 new posts a day, you don't want to run down the server resources by querying all 2,000 posts, so limit it to the top 1,000.

if there are 67 new posts since your last visit (View New) then it will show the last 50 if you set the limit to 50. It will show only the 67, even if your limit is 1,000.
y 50 was just a example. moreover its about to find some balance between "new", "day" and "recent" ...of couse facing the general number of count the daily topics.I dont like kind of redundant navielements. I just prepare some small forum for jeepers (yeah). Will keep you posted after is online. suppose until end of this month. just finishing