MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blue Letters instead of Default Black?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering, how and if this could be done....

When members post reply, or create thread etc, the letters/writing is by default black unless you want to change colour by using the options... Is there a way to change to default colour and force it on the users, as the design i am playing with does not suit.. and have found the colour needed in order to be more visual.

Thanks for any input, sorry if bit muddled but I hope all understand what I mean. Smile
(2011-11-23, 10:22 PM)SocialManUK Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering, how and if this could be done....

When members post reply, or create thread etc, the letters/writing is by default black unless you want to change colour by using the options... Is there a way to change to default colour and force it on the users, as the design i am playing with does not suit.. and have found the colour needed in order to be more visual.

Thanks for any input, sorry if bit muddled but I hope all understand what I mean. Smile

play with global css textarea
Will try Google and then, to see if any dumbed down laymans terms guides exist, first wanted to see if possible.

Now have to find out how to do it, step-by-step so don't mess things up. Smile
(2011-11-23, 10:57 PM)SocialManUK Wrote: [ -> ]Will try Google and then, to see if any dumbed down laymans terms guides exist, first wanted to see if possible.

Now have to find out how to do it, step-by-step so don't mess things up. Smile

ok
goto admin CP
select Themes and style
choose the theme you want to edit
click on global.css
this will open the css editor
from the pull down at the top (marked selector) choose textarea
then in the colour (color) field type blue
press the button at the bottom of the screen marked 'save changes'
you should be done

Thanks Jim, did that... and then logged out, cleared cache etc.. now when i type, it shows as blue, but when i submit it does not show... ? Smile
(2011-11-24, 12:42 AM)SocialManUK Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Jim, did that... and then logged out, cleared cache etc.. now when i type, it shows as blue, but when i submit it does not show... ? Smile

Do the same with trow2 or if you are using a theme check out if it uses a custom class and edit that. Are you using the post bubble plugin ? if you are there are colour settings general config of the plugin
Not using any plugins at moment it's just stock, Theme I am using is... Black Ops 3 Theme by 'quakezone', link: http://www.awesomestyles.com/mybb-themes...ops-3-mybb

Will see if your latest suggestion works, thanks once again for taking the time to reply & help! Big Grin
Tried trow2 with same colour, no joy... Hope the latest info with regards to what Theme I am using may help? If not then I will maybe try and ask the Author. Big Grin
(2011-11-24, 05:17 PM)SocialManUK Wrote: [ -> ]Not using any plugins at moment it's just stock, Theme I am using is... Black Ops 3 Theme by 'quakezone', link: http://www.awesomestyles.com/mybb-themes...ops-3-mybb

Will see if your latest suggestion works, thanks once again for taking the time to reply & help! Big Grin
Tried trow2 with same colour, no joy... Hope the latest info with regards to what Theme I am using may help? If not then I will maybe try and ask the Author. Big Grin

downloaded the theme installed it & adjusted .trow2
and it worked fine. but you may need to adjust block quote as well

Did you type Blue in textarea and .trow2 instead of me using the colour code,

Change, type Blue in both them (it worked for you so it must for me...) Clear Cache server side? If so how do I do that... can it be done by Filezilla also.

Hopefully once you give one final piece of advice it should be sorted. Big Grin
Well did type Blue in the two areas you suggested, Saved Changes and no luck, so I'm not doing something right at all.

Very new to myBB and almost everything that follows, so learning as I go along which involes reading or watching step-by-step guides... *sighs* LOL

Adjust Block Quote in Simple/Laymans terms for the useless? Toungue
Works now, thanks "JimR" for your help and time, now decided also want Bold Dif Colour by Default (I'm hard work indeed!!) as it stands out much better on the very dark background, theme...

Even though you don't agree with Rep, you getting it anyway. Toungue
(2011-11-24, 06:38 PM)SocialManUK Wrote: [ -> ]Did you type Blue in textarea and .trow2 instead of me using the colour code,

Change, type Blue in both them (it worked for you so it must for me...) Clear Cache server side? If so how do I do that... can it be done by Filezilla also.

Hopefully once you give one final piece of advice it should be sorted. Big Grin
Well did type Blue in the two areas you suggested, Saved Changes and no luck, so I'm not doing something right at all.

Very new to myBB and almost everything that follows, so learning as I go along which involes reading or watching step-by-step guides... *sighs* LOL

Adjust Block Quote in Simple/Laymans terms for the useless? Toungue
Works now, thanks "JimR" for your help and time, now decided also want Bold Dif Colour by Default (I'm hard work indeed!!) as it stands out much better on the very dark background, theme...

Even though you don't agree with Rep, you getting it anyway. Toungue

happy mybbing Cool