MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Url Uploading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sir pls add url uploading of files in forum reply's for a general website normal uploading is enough but for a forum websites (ie forum as homepage) url uploading is most wanted one for attractng more users... It helps users to upload big files easly especially for mobile users...
Hope u got it n u vil add this feature in upcoming version of MyBB
Every time I see this request the only use for it I can think of is Warez because otherwise you would just link directly to the file from the creator.
Oh those messages that start with "Sir..." Huh
Well, in your post, you mention "big files".. Keep in mind - people have resource limits. I only get 4.5GB of storage on my hosting plan. I use about 500MB on software and images. If everyone uploaded big files - my storage would go bye bye and I would have to upgrade solely for storage.

People can upload from their own computer just fine.
Why would it be needed? As Alex said why would it help for anything but warez? The file has to be uploaded to somewhere, so it's probably not user created software. And it probably is illegal warez. Use a file sharing site then link to it. Problem solved.