MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Facebook Connect for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Author: mohdows
Version: 1.6.0
Compatibility: MyBB 16
Credits: Ali Razavi for letting me continue on his works. Without him, this project would not be feasible. frostschutz for answering my n00b questions.

This plugin allows people to connect to MyBB with their Facebook Accounts. They can start posting ASAP when there account is created. They won't not have to go through the long registration process.

Existing users can also log in with Facebook. They no longer have to remember their password.

Features:
* People can register an account using Facebook
* They can choose a Username during registration
* Their emails are fetched during registration
* People whose Facebook Email matches a user in the database gets logged in automatically and their accounts are linked (configurable)
* Includes a language file for easy translation
* Plugin will not work if the language file is not up to date
* Hooks added for other plugins to complement. FBServices is one example of such plugin
* You can disallow users to choose usernames
* You can use cURL method to fetch data from Facebook
* Additional permissions can now be requested.
* New!!! Birthday is fetched from Facebook.
* New!!! Facebook avatar is set for existing users who don't have an avatar.
* New!!! Facebook birthday are fetched for existing users.

Installation instructions:
1. Get your Facebook application and secret by completing the form here
2. Install and activate the plugins FBCore and FBConnect
3. Go to AdminCP >> Configuration >> FBCore
4. Insert your Facebook Application number and secret
5. Insert "{$fbconnect}" (without quotes) anywhere you want in the header template to display the Facebook Connect button
6. Save

Upgrade instructions from FBConnect 1.4,1.5 to FBConnect 1.6:
1. Deactivate FBConnect Plugin (Do NOT Uninstall)
2. Deactivate FBCore Plugin
3. Replace the previous files with the new ones in this package.
4. Reactivate FBCore plugin
5. Enter your Facebook APP ID and Secret in the settings
6. Reactivate FBConnect plugin and configure it.
7. Insert "{$fbconnect}" (without quotes) anywhere you want in the header template to display the Facebook Connect button
7. Done.

Download
-
or
-
i'm here for support
How to use FBService Each time the user Login using FBConnect
(2011-11-26, 12:32 AM)daadeguzman Wrote: [ -> ]How to use FBService Each time the user Login using FBConnect

* People whose Facebook Email matches a user in the database gets logged in automatically and their accounts are linked

Great plugin, thanks for releasing for free

It's already compatible with 1.6.5?
(2011-11-26, 10:54 AM)aglioeolio Wrote: [ -> ]Great plugin, thanks for releasing for free

It's already compatible with 1.6.5?

Angel
(2011-11-26, 10:36 AM)mohdows Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-26, 12:32 AM)daadeguzman Wrote: [ -> ]How to use FBService Each time the user Login using FBConnect

* People whose Facebook Email matches a user in the database gets logged in automatically and their accounts are linked

Yes i know that. what i mean is when a user login again using fbconnect the fbservice will post again in user wall. not only in registering.

i thought you know how fbservice function is
(2011-11-26, 01:22 PM)daadeguzman Wrote: [ -> ]Yes i know that. what i mean is when a user login again using fbconnect the fbservice will post again in user wall. not only in registering.

i thought you know how fbservice function is

no fbservice will post in user wall only for the first time ( when user register )
Yes, But it also nice if fbservice will post in user wall every time user login using fbconnect.

its possible?
(2011-11-26, 01:46 PM)daadeguzman Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, But it also nice if fbservice will post in user wall every time user login using fbconnect.

its possible?

yes its possible i will work for it Wink
Pages: 1 2 3