MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Have a question on being blocked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A lurker to my forum, told me on another forum we both belong to that they cannot access my site any longer. (they have lurked for months)They thought I had banned them for lurking when in fact I have never banned anyone (yet). I suggested that they might be blocked via a filter of some sort. However, they said they access the site from their home office and have no such web filters in place.
I also suggested they check their virus software. I use pc-cillin and had to reset some things because it blocked me from my own site as an unknown site.

Just wondering if any of you more net savvy people have had this sort of problem or might know what i can do to help him resolve it?

Thanks
kaye
Have they checked their cookies? My friend couldn't get on my site once and the problem was the cookies...
Thanks! I will ask.

Any more ideas would be appreciated....
lol, how could the cookies do anything such as that?!?
bnza8 Wrote:lol, how could the cookies do anything such as that?!?
Good question - I'd like to know as well..Shy
What was the error message when the user was blocked?
It all depends on the error... But if they cannot access your site at all, it's possible that your host is blocking that specific IP address in use?