MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make It Really To Change The Forum Logo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Changing the forum logo needs to be much easier I have never been able to do this on my own
I don't think it can be made anymore easier. All you have to do it Templates & Styles -> Click on your theme -> Change the logo path.

Or you can upload a logo image replacing the logo that comes with the theme image folder.

What's really hard in it?
Maybe add an uploaded in the ACP? Smile
(2011-11-24, 12:31 PM)Southwest King Wrote: [ -> ]Changing the forum logo needs to be much easier I have never been able to do this on my own

You drag and drop an image into filezilla. Done.

http://wiki.filezilla-project.org/Using

I would be for an ACP upload.
I gotta agree with kavin, it couldn't be a whole lot simpler
METHOD 1
1. Figure out the name of the logo image (usually it is logo.png)
2. Go to where the logo is, rename the logo to something else like logo_old.png
3. Upload the new one with the name of the original logo. In this case, logo.png

METHOD 2
1.Go to ACP > templates and style > Click on your theme
2. Scroll down to where it says Board Logo, and change that name to the new one.
NOTE: This assumes you have already uploaded the new logo.

That's all. Only 2 or 3 steps.

However, I can see where having an option in the ACP would be nice, but it is not super necessary IMO.
Why not? If you rely on uploading you have to have some method of uploading the file. If you are on a public computer, FTP is probably
Out of the question. So then you have to use your hosting's control panel. So you must login, upload and change the name. Or you could do it straight from your ACP whilst doing everyday tasks.

It would be far easier Smile
(2011-11-27, 09:48 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Why not? If you rely on uploading you have to have some method of uploading the file. If you are on a public computer, FTP is probably
Out of the question. So then you have to use your hosting's control panel. So you must login, upload and change the name. Or you could do it straight from your ACP whilst doing everyday tasks.

It would be far easier Smile

I don't see many cases where someone would be away from their private computer long enough that they can't upload a logo. How often do you change your website logo? Mine is usually almost always the same one. Never have changed it since I first added my personal one.
Just wanted to say something,

The title of this thread "Make It Really To Change The Forum Logo" is meaningless
Even though some type of tool to change logo via the ACP would be pretty neat. I think that it could be hard to keep compatibility between third party themes because I often find myself changing the code in which displays the logo.
Pages: 1 2