MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Theme For Yaldaram.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I was thinking to hire a theme coder to code a theme for my site, Jordan was hired and he almost finished his but you know that sad thing happens and Jordan departures from this site. So I decided to take it on my own and started coding a theme from scratch. Yes.. scratch mean starting from default MyBB theme and templates. Wink

Its extremely customized theme, I've edited a lot of templates, almost 85% global.css is redone, added jQuery toggle and modal boxes and coded a plugin as well to get a xenForo taste. Toungue

Suggestions to improve are welcome.
I'd add a container rather then leaving it transparent. It doesn't look too good like that. Also, it seems you got a lot of ideas from XenForo nothing wrong with it just saying. The footer needs at least a 25px margin from the container also having it just barely below the container doesn't look nice. The lastpost area isn't too nice as well.

Although, for someone who doesn't create themes too often, not too shabby Yaldaram. Nice to see an administrator who makes an effort.
(2011-11-24, 02:26 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]I'd add a container rather then leaving it transparent.
The container is actually there just I've used background: none; to make it transparent. I used transparency in many areas just to make it simple.

(2011-11-24, 02:26 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Also, it seems you got a lot of ideas from XenForo nothing wrong with it just saying.
I basically want to unite xenForo with MyBB (Not MyBB with xenForo Toungue)

(2011-11-24, 02:26 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]The footer needs at least a 25px margin from the container also having it just barely below the container doesn't look nice.
25px is large IMO, it would make the page long mostly on showthread pages.
(2011-11-24, 02:34 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-24, 02:26 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]I'd add a container rather then leaving it transparent.
The container is actually there just I've used background: none; to make it transparent. I used transparency in many areas just to make it simple.

(2011-11-24, 02:26 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Also, it seems you got a lot of ideas from XenForo nothing wrong with it just saying.
I basically want to unite xenForo with MyBB (Not MyBB with xenForo Toungue)

(2011-11-24, 02:26 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]The footer needs at least a 25px margin from the container also having it just barely below the container doesn't look nice.
25px is large IMO, it would make the page long mostly on showthread pages.

Trust me 25px is not too much. Give it a try. Also, what I was trying to say is you should try and add a background to it. What you have now..eh.
Oh. It's XF Big Grin

Nice design..
But too much transparent Smile
(2011-11-24, 03:01 PM)phwebmaster.net Wrote: [ -> ]Oh. It's XF Big Grin

Nice design..
But too much transparent Smile

No, it's not XenForo. It clearly writes Powered by MyBB right on the mockup..
No, It was just a simple joke Big Grin .. yes I know it's MyBB Smile
its alright :>
Work the typography... doesnt look cool to me.
(2011-11-24, 04:08 PM)GhostMaster Wrote: [ -> ]Work the typography... doesnt look cool to me.

Can you please point out which thing you're talking about? Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4