MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Animated Group Text?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've visited a couple of forums over the past month and i see that alot of them has this feature. You can view the picture for details:

[Image: usersh.png]

Any ideas on this? Alot of forums seem to have special groups with a flash look to it?

Thanks!
Animated?

Can you link a forum example?
Google CSS drop shadow and bg image.
Ah ok, thanks for the help.

How would i add this to the text?
(2011-11-25, 07:15 AM)S.T.A.R Wrote: [ -> ]Ah ok, thanks for the help.

I was too tired last night to notice the glow effect on the text. I'd just like to point out that these CSS3 features are useful and cool, but many don't work in IE (although thankfully that horrible browser's market share is now less than both Firefox and Chrome. Toungue)
(2011-11-25, 07:15 AM)S.T.A.R Wrote: [ -> ]Ah ok, thanks for the help.

ACP -> Users & Groups -> Groups -> Choose a group and click Options -> Edit Group

Find the "Username Style" field and enter something like this:
<span style="color:#22BB22; text-shadow:0px 0px 10px #00FF00;">{username}</span>

Edit the colours and options to suit your needs - the text-shadow property guidelines may help.

Note that for forum admins the default format is:

<span style="color: green;"><strong><em>{username}</em></strong></span>

For moderators it is something like:

<span style="color: #FF0000;"><strong>{username}</strong></span>

So if you are editing admin or moderator group username style, it might be a good idea to keep the <strong> and <em> tags where appropriate.

One last thing, text-shadow is not supported in Internet Explorer, but works in all other major browsers.