MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Several Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, if anyone can help that would be great on how to do the following:

1. Can I change the forum's font from verdana to tahoma as the main?

2. Is there a way to not let various fonts in the posting options, just one.

3. Can I change forum threads icons, like hot thread, new thread, etc.

4. Can I change forum threads and posts background from gray and white?

5. Can I take out the little human icon right near the username on posting entries?

6. Can I switch the font on the usernames?

7. Can I add thread tags?

8. Can I line up the forums latest updates on the left, instead of right (it looks so ugly)

9. Can I change icons of find, pm, edit, reply, etc through file manager?

7. we may not have a free plugin which works effectively for thread tags . except it,
all other can be done through the suggestions / direct help by someone experienced ..
1. In Admin CP » Templates & Style » Themes » Your Theme » global.css (edit stylesheet in advanced mod)
[attachment=24752]

2. Try also to edit all your css files in Admin CP » Templates & Style » Themes » Your Theme and search for font-family:.

3. You can change all your icons by ftp. Check your forum root/images/ folder. There (for default theme) are all icons.

4. Again, you must to edit your css files in Admin CP » Templates & Style » Themes » Your Theme » global.css and search for
.trow1 {
	background: #f5f5f5;
}

.trow2 {
	background: #EFEFEF;
}
and replace with
.trow1 {
	background: #ffffff;
}

.trow2 {
	background: #ffffff;
}
if you really want to have a white background.

[attachment=24751]
In Admin CP » Template Sets » Default Templates (or templates of theme that you use) » postbit find
<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
and change with
<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong><br />
but that is an indicator about status of users (online or offline) so... you decide if you want to delete it or not.

6. What do you mean "font on the usernames" ? Style, colour or what and... where ? In posts ?

8. What do you mean by "Last Updates" ?
[attachment=24761]

9. All that files can be changed by ftp.
Nice response TuneUp.

For 6 i think he means Username styles, if so, go to:

ACP >> Users & Groups >> Groups >> Pick a group to edit >> then go to Username styles and edit.

E.g

<font color="black"><b>{username}</b></font>

WIll give you bolded, black usernames.