MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How To Stop This
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-11-25, 06:24 PM)dgcyears Wrote: [ -> ]i wanna choose mybb or phpbb and as far i can see mybb is kinda unsecure
Choose phpbb... soon or later you will come back to MyBB.
You will see.
Smile

(2011-11-25, 06:29 PM)MyBB Tuneup Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-25, 06:24 PM)dgcyears Wrote: [ -> ]i wanna choose mybb or phpbb and as far i can see mybb is kinda unsecure
Choose phpbb... soon or later you will come back to MyBB.
You will see.
Smile

I don't think he's chosen either yet.

MyBB is extremely secure, has a buttload of features, and if I do say so myself, a great team.
(2011-11-25, 06:28 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-25, 06:24 PM)dgcyears Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! Did you fix this? I wanna remake my forum and i wanna choose mybb or phpbb and as far i can see mybb is kinda unsecure, please leave an answer with the fix if you fixed it Smile. Thanks!

MyBB is extremely secure, one of the best IMO. It's when people add untrusted plugins and use insecure passwords that they get hacked.

Ok man, thanks!

+1 for myBB, I have used, administered, installed, hacked, and developed many forums with lot of different software (vBulletin, invision, ubb.threads, phpbb, etc) of the last 15 years or so, I am new to MyBB but I have done a lot of poking through the code and I have to say I am really quite impressed with MyBB from various perspectives. In my opinion it is the best free forum software currently available, and I'll be honest it is better than any of the commercial software I have used in the past (although I have not had my hands on a current commercial solution within the last 5 years).
TO STOP THESE, First If you are sing FBConnect, please disabled the REgister using FB Connect, He only using cript to ridirect your site to that interface.

After Make sure your char length in username is maximum of 25.
and find the plugin no special character in username
To Remove That,

Go in your Database "Example: mybb_user"
and find the last registered user. he using "<noscrip><scrip href="hacklinkblah2"></script>"
as username. so your index wont show because its showing in last registered user. that script
Thanks daadeguzman Sir you are Right,
It is only a Small Scale Hacking 9t Long And Complete Server,
Any Way For Protecting From these Type peoples ?
Choose MyBB. It is extremely safe. Let me tell you one thing. People, including myself, got defaced because of either server problem, or staying one step behind because of not upgrading to latest version.

If you really want to make sure, just see all sites of Labrocca, they doesn't get hacked, which it means, MyBB has no loopholes, otherwise his sites are targeted first.

MyBB for the win.

ask ranjani , she helps!
I had the same problem, for a second time.
I dont know how they hacked my mybb forum, but i still believe mybb the best free forum platform
Any site/forum software will have its vulnerability in one way or another. That does not mean it's not secure, we just have to track it down and fix it.
Pages: 1 2