MyBB Community Forums

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, me again.

I have encountered a strange issue, I was just styling the buddy list and I noticed that one of my users is showing as online, despite the fact that he is not currently online, and is not appearing in the who's online list.

I just checked the member list and it is the same there - also checked the database table directly and it is constantly being updated with the current time for this user, despite the fact that they are not logged in.

Any ideas what might be causing this?
(2011-11-25, 03:39 PM)ViniH Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas what might be causing this?

I should probably point our that this is a test user that only I have access to, so I know for a solid fact that it isn't logged in.

I've been investigating this now for some time and I am struggling to figure out what this is happening.
MyBB is programmed to show all users that were online in the past 15 mins, if you haven't signed in in the last 15 mins, then you should check the ip under the who's online List.
(2011-11-26, 06:50 PM)MLfilms Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB is programmed to show all users that were online in the past 15 mins, if you haven't signed in in the last 15 mins, then you should check the ip under the who's online List.

I am not sure if I didn't make it clear enough, but I did say that the user is not appearing in the who's online list - which presumably means that the who's online list uses the lastvisited column rather than the lastactive.

Both the memberlist and the buddies popup show the user as being online/active at the current time - this is intermittent though, sometimes the user will not currently be online and will have a last active time from earlier in the day, but this time still does not correspond with that user being logged in.

Which is why it is proving really difficult to track down.

Incidentally the IP address is mine, as you might expect, my being the only person to have ever logged into it.