MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: need help URGENT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my forums post editor is broken when you copy and repaste a post a ton of highlight codes show up in the text, and when my users try to apply fonts random instances of font code show up in their posts.

I know it is the editor because i changed it to the advanced one and the errors stopped but i cant use that one because of the ie stack overflow error so I need assistance repairing my default editor post editor.
A link to your forum ?
Forum URL & test account?
no problem www.thewritinghaven.com/index.php

user testuser3
pass testuser3

if you guys need anything special let me know.

was using this thread to test in .. you will notice my editor is really messed up.

http://thewritinghaven.com/showthread.ph...59#pid1059
(2011-11-25, 05:05 PM)Crucifixfist Wrote: [ -> ]if you guys need anything special let me know.
I will let Paul H. to use this test account. He is a member of support team.
Yeah I just hope i can get this resolved ive worked really hard on my forum im terrified ima have to wipe it and start over.
so fixing that will fix the random code in the posts too just swap that js file?
Thank you so much .. you have no idea how much i appreciate that. I know my way around code pretty well and it was driving me nuts i should of known it was in the js file..

While i have someones attention can i ask another question. I have never tried so I wouldnt know.
but I posted a thread here http://community.mybb.com/thread-108363.html looking for help with the profile tabs mod. I put it in the wrong place I ended up reversing the plugin and creating a pretty nice alternative to the default profile scheme. I have seen a subscripton mod from mybb source that is similar but mine came out so much nicer. I want to release a tutorial on how to do this to share with everyone.

You can see screens of how my work came out in the thread.

What I am wondering is if I upload a copy of my member_profile template with the tut can someone else use it or should I walk them through step by step edits of the template?
(2011-11-25, 05:14 PM)Crucifixfist Wrote: [ -> ]What I am wondering is if I upload a copy of my member_profile template with the tut can someone else use it or should I walk them through step by step edits of the template?

Best to do a walk-through, since many people will have edited their template so your version would mess up their member profiles.