MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Compliments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

My compliments to this software. I worked my a** off on phpbb for like 2 years and created 2-3 mods too. But in the end i saw that phpbb was only surviving because phpbb was free, open source and PEOPLE REALLY DID'NT KNEW OF ANY OTHER FREE FORUM SCRIPT LIKE myBB.

Their 3rd version is like in development for ages. Don't know how many more people will die before it finally gets released.

I am amazed that how fast this software has grown. So many features added in so little time. And regarding the hacking etc. phpbb gets hacked like everyday.

Still today the most feature lacking software available is phpbb. I tried to use Invision and i did'nt liked it much becuase its slow, bulky and too much complicated.

Where as in myBB i have noticed it has the same capability like vBulletin or Invision etc. but its very simplified. The main thing is that myBB works.

I am highly delighted by the speed, performance and user-friendliness of myBB. I am using it at http://www.indianaquariums.com.

myBB needs more popularization so people come to know that there's an option, they can shift etc.

I hope that myBB gets more popular than phpbb and stays free.

Thanks.
Glad to hear you like MyBB. The devs worked extremely hard to bring this awesome software to us. Their support team also works hard solving the few problems we do have. Don't worry, MyBB's chief creator said that MyBB will forever remain free. Modifications are also a hell of alot easier as most of them are plugins only requiring you to upload some files and push the "Activate" button.

There's alot going for MyBB, one day people will see how great it is and popularity will increase.

Later,

Thanks for the compliments
I was just like you Tapan about 4 monhts ago. Mybb is very nice free forum software. I am hoping that in a year or two it will be bigger than SMF and better than VB.

So far I am VERY pleased.