MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mod Section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I love people compare it to other open source but none mentions drupal which has no paid modules or themes in their module and themes section.
There's another problem Jason. If we have a marketplace inside MyBB, then most of the theme authors, no matter whether the theme is good or just color change of default theme, will try to make it paid and earn few $'s.

If we don't provide a marketplace, then only good theme designers like you, audentio, Jessie, etc; will open their own site and sell their themes. Obviously, others (without proper knowledge) can create theme sites too, but people won't bother them and they will give up soon.
(2011-11-26, 05:24 PM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]There's another problem Jason. If we have a marketplace inside MyBB, then most of the theme authors, no matter whether the theme is good or just color change of default theme, will try to make it paid and earn few $'s.

If we don't provide a marketplace, then only good theme designers like you, audentio, Jessie, etc; will open their own site and sell their themes. Obviously, others (without proper knowledge) can create theme sites too, but people won't bother them and they will give up soon.

That's why I said people such as Dylan would have to approve of it. If he doesn't think it's worthy of being paid then it won't and he will have to sell it elsewhere.
The problem with that is that we don't have enough staff to keep adding more things that we must "approve" to get.
(2011-11-26, 09:02 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]The problem with that is that we don't have enough staff to keep adding more things that we must "approve" to get.

So assign a trusted community member to do it.
The problem with a persons approval is that all comes down to oponion which will lead to more issues.
This is a disaster waiting to happen. If you don't have the time or effort to maintain a site, consider partnering up with another coder to do so.

It's just bad.
There will be no option to sell plugins/modifications/themes/resources through our mods site.
It is against our philosophy here, if you want to sell plugins or anything else (I do it too) you can do so from your website.
I think it's already been proven that members from theybb community don't want to pay for individual plugins with the demise of ShopMyBB. Yes, They are willing to pay a small subscription fee for a whole range of plugins. But not individually.
And, since now Pirata and I have both said it...

Period, end of story, Official Line.
Pages: 1 2 3