MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Special Blank Characters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Should MyBB do more to clean out utf-8 blank characters? It already has in place filters but it misses a lot of the empty/blank characters already. They are often used to make empty usernames, blank posts, and blank thread titles. In general can be a nuisance to a forum and these characters offer no real benefits.

I'm just wondering if other forum admins cope with same problem.
Same happens. Sometimes peoples just post: thank you (space after thank you) and it creates a nuisance. I would like to see this happening.
Agreed, they are very annoying.
Seems it is not happening here at MyBB Community Forums, was this already done in 1.6.5 ?
Some work was made to improve it but not in all places.
@Tom: Any chances it'd be fully done over in 1.6.6 ?
Maybe. Problem is finding a suitable method for cleaning every input area of blank characters.
Posts would be adequate, won't they? As far as usertitles, sig area,etc are concerned, it'd be fine, but posts are very irritating.
I have a 10 character limitation on my forum (anything less can't be posted), my members try:

LOL
(can't be posted)

LOL[b][/b]
(posted)
That would need to MyCode to be parsed as well if no data is added in between them which I doubt would be done.