MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Steps to take before moving to 1.6.5?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm kind of anxious about moving my forum to 1.6.5. As a result, I was wondering what changes I should put into place before doing so?

I've got plenty of plugins that I use intricately with the running of the forum.

Many thanks.
First, read this: Upgrading - MyBB Wiki.
(2011-11-26, 02:40 AM)MyBB Tuneup Wrote: [ -> ]First, read this: Upgrading - MyBB Wiki.

Not that helpful since 1.6.5 has plugin edits that might also be required.
Make sure you also read the sticky in the support forum about the plugin system changes.
(2011-11-26, 02:41 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Not that helpful since 1.6.5 has plugin edits that might also be required.
OK. Than will be better if he deactivate all plugins in AdminCP before to upgrade ?

(2011-11-26, 02:42 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you also read the sticky in the support forum about the plugin system changes.

I have had a brief look, and also at the release documentation for 1.6.5 also. If my understanding is correct, only certain hooks are affected. If this is the case, does it mean trawling through all activated plugins incase of affected hook usage?
In the thread pavemen provides a utility for finding them.