MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moderate New Members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently all new members on my board must be activated by admin. But before I activate a new member I set them to Moderate Permanently in AdminCP. Can I instead have members activated by email and automatically have them set to Moderate Permanently?

I would prefer not to have to install a plugin to do this but would appreciate any help including plugin recommendations. Thank you for your help.
its better to use a plugin (eg. required approvals) along with core files modification to notify moderated posts

you may use patches plugin to manage core files modifications ...
Ranjani, I have some questions:

Have you used this plugin successfully?

I downloaded “required approvals”. The zip file contains a single file: reqapproval.php I have no idea what to do with it. How do I install and use this plugin? Answered here.

I looked at the other links you gave but I don’t see why I would need anything other than “required approvals”. Right now when someone on moderation makes a post in my forum I see in post count column a number in parenthesis. I also see an entry in AdminCP for a post that is awaiting approval. AFAIK this is sufficient notification so I don’t see any need to install anything else or modify any core files. Do I understand correctly?
^ reqapproval.php file is to be uploaded to plugins directory (./inc/plugins) ; then activate & set as usual

yes, modification to core files is not really required. it is just to get visible notification ...
Ranjani,
The plugin description page says that a new user will be moderated for one post or that the admin can set the number of posts as needed. I don't see any way to set this in AdminCP for this plugin, how do I set this?

I found settings at: AdminCP > Configuration > Board Settings: Required Approval Settings

Thank you Ranjani.
I manage my forum by myself and required approvals makes that so much easier. Also new members don't have to wait for me to activate them. This is a must have plugin! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin