MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cookie "problem"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello! How can i make the forum to work 100 % correct on both subdomain or domain.ro/forum

I mean if i make some settings it will work only for forum.domain.ro and domain.ro/forum would work too but when you will try to log in and stuff it will say you logged in but you would not be.
For an example: I wanna log in from domain.ro/forum and automatically login to forum.domain.ro by itself or vice versa
Any help please?.

Thanks!Smile
not sure ; have you seen Login Logout problems ...
(2011-11-26, 11:26 AM)dgcyears Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! How can i make the forum to work 100 % correct on both subdomain or domain.ro/forum

I mean if i make some settings it will work only for forum.domain.ro and domain.ro/forum would work too but when you will try to log in and stuff it will say you logged in but you would not be.
For an example: I wanna log in from domain.ro/forum and automatically login to forum.domain.ro by itself or vice versa
Any help please?.

Thanks!Smile

Go to ACP -> Configuration -> Settings -> General Configuration

Set Cookie Domain to:

.domain.ro

Set the Cookie Path to:

/

Then log out and log in again to test it.
(2011-11-26, 01:17 PM)ViniH Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-26, 11:26 AM)dgcyears Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! How can i make the forum to work 100 % correct on both subdomain or domain.ro/forum

Any help please?.

Thanks!Smile

Go to ACP -> Configuration -> Settings -> General Configuration

Set Cookie Domain to:

.domain.ro

Set the Cookie Path to:

/

Then log out and log in again to test it.

Thanks for the reply but it doesn't work + at the board url field i need to have http://domain.ro/forum because in the root folder i have a script so that's why i placed the forum in a folder named "forum". Any help please :-s?
(2011-11-26, 01:30 PM)dgcyears Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply but it doesn't work + at the board url field i need to have http://domain.ro/forum because in the root folder i have a script so that's why i placed the forum in a folder named "forum". Any help please :-s?

Did you actually make the changes I suggested and try it?

What I asked you to change has nothing to do with the board url!

As it happens I have the same structure on my website, even down to the same forum directory. Those settings are what I use and they work perfectly.

Can you make a test account and post the details please?

Also what is the URL to your forum?
(2011-11-26, 01:40 PM)ViniH Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-26, 01:30 PM)dgcyears Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply but it doesn't work + at the board url field i need to have http://domain.ro/forum because in the root folder i have a script so that's why i placed the forum in a folder named "forum". Any help please :-s?

Did you actually make the changes I suggested and try it?

What I asked you to change has nothing to do with the board url!

As it happens I have the same structure on my website, even down to the same forum directory. Those settings are what I use and they work perfectly.

Can you make a test account and post the details please?

Also what is the URL to your forum?

Yes, I did try what you said, it works fine with the subdomain but not when i access through domain.ro/forum...
Okay, what you can try and do is change the cookie path and url blank. Then simply make a unique prefix such as "my-website-name99_" that should get it going. I use it on a website to have my users logged in on the homepage but when they visit /community/ it still works.
(2011-11-26, 02:29 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, what you can try and do is change the cookie path and url blank. Then simply make a unique prefix such as "my-website-name99_" that should get it going. I use it on a website to have my users logged in on the homepage but when they visit /community/ it still works.

Thanks for your reply i appreciate it, but it doesn't work, when i access forum.domain.ro it redirects me to domain.ro/forum and it makes me not be logged in anymore but on domain.ro/forum then after i access forum.domain.ro again i'm still logged in :-s. Any other help?
(2011-11-26, 04:15 PM)dgcyears Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-26, 02:29 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, what you can try and do is change the cookie path and url blank. Then simply make a unique prefix such as "my-website-name99_" that should get it going. I use it on a website to have my users logged in on the homepage but when they visit /community/ it still works.

Thanks for your reply i appreciate it, but it doesn't work, when i access forum.domain.ro it redirects me to domain.ro/forum and it makes me not be logged in anymore but on domain.ro/forum then after i access forum.domain.ro again i'm still logged in :-s. Any other help?

Forum URL please?
(2011-11-26, 04:15 PM)dgcyears Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your reply i appreciate it, but it doesn't work, when i access forum.domain.ro it redirects me to domain.ro/forum and it makes me not be logged in anymore but on domain.ro/forum then after i access forum.domain.ro again i'm still logged in :-s. Any other help?

You could also try .domain.ro and /forum.

We need the URL to your forum and a test account to help further. We've asked you now for this twice, the fact that you are ignoring that request makes me suspicious that your forum might not qualify for support.
Pages: 1 2