MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: my users&groups in 1.6.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It does occur with a new installation.

I installed 1.6.5 today and when I tried to set the color for admin, I found the bug. Then I checked my other mybb, which was upgraded and that too has this bug.

I dread the hours I am going to have to waste learning this "upgrade script". I didn't have a problem with 1.6.4, and 1.6.5 is a worse experience ... I even lost my signatures.
(2011-12-05, 08:57 AM)greenblueorange Wrote: [ -> ]It does occur with a new installation.

I assure you it does not. If it did there would be hundreds of reports about it.

(2011-12-05, 08:57 AM)greenblueorange Wrote: [ -> ]I installed 1.6.5 today and when I tried to set the color for admin, I found the bug. Then I checked my other mybb, which was upgraded and that too has this bug.

I dread the hours I am going to have to waste learning this "upgrade script". I didn't have a problem with 1.6.4, and 1.6.5 is a worse experience ... I even lost my signatures.

As I said before, using third party scripts to upgrade will cause problems. Manually upgrading is the way to ensure everything is working as expected.

Follow the steps here: [Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Here is the Changed Files Package.

I can confirm that showinbirthdaylist is present in both the install and upgrade schemas.
All problems fixed. Thank you!!!

For those who may come after needing help.

1. perform a full back up.
2. download and extract 1605_changedfiles.zip
* see Nathan's post, two above this one.
3. upload the 1605_changedfiles overwriting the existing ones
4. in your browser type:
http://xxx.yourdomainame.com/mybb/install/upgrade.php
* so the path is correct to the upgrade.php
5. enjoy myBB

Pages: 1 2