MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: im kinda lost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
not sure how to convert from phbb3 to mybb, i have both files uploaded to my forum directory, do i just overwrite all the phbb files with the mybb files and create a new data base?

[Wiki: Running_the_Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
(2011-11-26, 07:05 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ][Wiki: Running_the_Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

hunm seems to be the default answer here Big Grin
What i need to know is does my forum is at whatever/forum/
do i install the new copy of mybb to that directory over writing my old forums files?
see im on my own thanks anyways
It really doesn't matter where you put the files (apart from your old forum's attachments if you wish to keep them) - all that's needed is the database really.
(2011-11-26, 07:25 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]It really doesn't matter where you put the files (apart from your old forum's attachments if you wish to keep them) - all that's needed is the database really.
thanks that what i needed to know

OK so I now know how to do the merge, the wiki should read like. If your going to install this at the same location on your server as your current forums, zip you directory and download it, then delete the contents of your forum directory, and do a complete new install of mybb, then ad the merge directory to the new directory, and upload the file loginconvert.php to the /int/plugins/ and then direct your browser to yoursite/install/ and install (creating a new database also). then do direct browser to yoursite/merge/ and run the merge install using your old forums database info, then do the cleanup. then go to Admin CP > Tools & Maintenance > Recount & Rebuild and run all the tools there (specifically Rebuild Thread Counters). It's also worth rebuilding the stats cache in Cache Manager.

this is great BB software thanks Heart