MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to get rid of "Important threads"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I get rid of the "Important threads" thing in a section?

[Image: kOCyRw.png]

I want them to all be under "normal threads"
If you're a member on that forum you can do nothing to stop that and you can't hide important threads.

If you're the administrator, simply tick the checkbox near the thread and choose "Unstick thread" from the bottom menu, or go to the thread, and select "Unstick thread" from the bottom menu.

Tell your mods to stop sticking threads in the appropriate section...
(2011-11-26, 07:54 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]If you're a member on that forum you can do nothing to stop that and you can't hide important threads.

If you're the administrator, simply tick the checkbox near the thread and choose "Unstick thread" from the bottom menu, or go to the thread, and select "Unstick thread" from the bottom menu.

Tell your mods to stop sticking threads in the appropriate section...

I am the admin, and I want to get rid of the "important threads" thing all together.
Well if you want to get rid of it then you can either do some template edits or not sticky anything. This includes making forum announcements and whatnot as well.
If you want to make the current important threads to normal threads do this:
Open phpmyadmin and type the following SQL query:
UPDATE mybb_threads SET sticky='1' WHERE sticky='0'
Note: change mybb_ if you have set other prefix.
(2011-11-26, 11:30 PM)WbDev Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to make the current important threads to normal threads do this:
Open phpmyadmin and type the following SQL query:
UPDATE mybb_threads SET sticky='1' WHERE sticky='0'
Note: change mybb_ if you have set other prefix.

That will make all of them important. The query you want is:

UPDATE mybb_threads SET sticky='0' WHERE sticky='1'