MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't Install Any Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I recently created my own forum, running mybb1.6, for a closed community of about 1000 members. I wanted to install a custom theme but none that I've tried seem to be working!

The theme I wanted in particular was one of the Apart themes (Apart Night). I copied the 'night' folder to the images directory, as specified, and attempted to import the .xml file in admin cp. However, every time I try this, I get this message: "This webpage is not available
The connection to www.*******.co.za was interrupted." Thus, this url is obviously not accessible: "http://www.*******.co.za/admin/index.php?module=style-themes&action=import". Is there any valid reason for this please?

I tried downloading and installing another Apart Theme, but to no avail (exactly the same issue).

When attempting to install other themes (such as DarkFusion), I always receive this message, no matter what I do: "MyBB could not find the theme with the file you uploaded. Please check the file is the correct and is not corrupt."

Could anyone suggest anything please? This has been quite frustrating for me, but there really is a great community here, so looking forward to getting this resolved, thanks to all you experts! Big Grin
if you get "connection interrupted" messages all the time then there might be something wrong
with your web host / your internet connection / you have some trozan(s) on your computer !!
Thanks for the reply. I'm quite sure I don't have any malware on my pc, nor do I have issues with my internet connection. (I also have this problem when trying to install the theme from another computer and ISP).Thus, you say it might be my web host. What could the problem be exactly please? I'd like to give them a call, if it is related to them, but I cannot do so without a valid reason.

Please let me know if you can think of anything else. I only get that message with the Apart Themes, remember (other themes just tell me that they couldn't find the theme etc- as mentioned in my first post)
^ may be someone experienced should check it with required temporary privileges ...
(2011-11-27, 09:54 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ may be someone experienced should check it with required temporary privileges ...

Thanks Ranjani- please check my pm for the temp admin account + ftp details that you requested. I hope that you can help me and that I can trust you Smile
^ uploading local xml file for theme import is giving you problem ; at present you can
upload the theme xml file to forum root AND select url method for the theme import ...

Apartnight theme installed now AND the temporary privileges can be removed ...
You're an absolute legend! Can't thank you enough. Cheers, thanks again!