MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: More Security for User Profiles.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mybb profiles can change pass / Any setting easily if his email Hacked. there should be more security for Active / Professional Members.

We really Need
Security Question / Mobile Conform for recover Password.

or

When we login with New IP Needs Security Question / Mobile Conform.

I hope this help well for Security of mybb.
Problem with mobile confirm is resources; I'm not aware of a way to send text messages for free that all servers would support.
Labrocca is trying to make one with mobile reset which he said on thread yday, Paul also made a security question password reset plugin (beta) which you can try it out. Am sure that in future we would see many great mods that could help improving our security.
(2011-11-27, 04:50 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Labrocca is trying to make one with mobile reset which he said on thread yday, Paul also made a security question password reset plugin (beta) which you can try it out. Am sure that in future we would see many great mods that could help improving our security.

yah.. Thanks bro. Security is very important ... Sad
(2011-11-27, 02:18 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Problem with mobile confirm is resources; I'm not aware of a way to send text messages for free that all servers would support.

I'll chime in and say that you can send a text to someone via email. To send a text to 5554443333 on Verizon, it would be the email [email protected]... It works.

Other carriers can be found by a Google search. So, in short, you can text someone for free.

Note: they can't send anything back to you.
(2011-12-03, 01:48 AM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-27, 02:18 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Problem with mobile confirm is resources; I'm not aware of a way to send text messages for free that all servers would support.

I'll chime in and say that you can send a text to someone via email. To send a text to 5554443333 on Verizon, it would be the email [email protected]... It works.

Other carriers can be found by a Google search. So, in short, you can text someone for free.

This is a method that can be used (for now). For the option where they would enter their mobile number a drop down selector can handle the carriers. But sadly, it can be hard to support every single carrier that there is.
(2011-12-03, 04:07 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-03, 01:48 AM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]

This is a method that can be used (for now). For the option where they would enter their mobile number a drop down selector can handle the carriers. But sadly, it can be hard to support every single carrier that there is.

I think if you got AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile, most people would be covered as those carriers are the larger ones. People are likely on them, and carriers can always be added.

Edit: @OP, if every new IP needed a security question, think about the tons of people that have dynamic IPs?
I can tell you know I lot of people not on any of the carriers you just mentioned (including my self). I think mobile should be a plugin.
Well then. Add other assorted ones like Cricket, Boost, Virgin Mobile, and US Cellular. Dunno about emails for those, but, that should add in some more people.
Good idea, and the mobile security verification is acctually really smaaart. Thumbs up for this idea!