MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Move posts from a user to another one
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! Can you move posts from a user to another one? I used the merge system to merge my last forum into this and now i have 2 accounts, the one created by the forum and the one from the last forum and i'm asking you if i can move those posts from the old user to the new one. I was thinking to delete the user created by the mybb forums and to keep the old acc.(by making it administrator) but i thought it will not have that many access and options like that one.
Any help please?
You can merge 2 accounts, which merges their posts, threads, PMs and everything, but you can't move posts from one user to another, you can't change the author of a post...
Then how can i merge those two accounts :-? ?
Admin CP > Users and Groups,

You will find tabs "Browse Users" (default tab), "Find Users", "Create New User", "Merge Users", click on that:

1. Source Account: The username of the account that will be merged with the other, and will be REMOVED after the process...
2. Destination Account: The username of the account that will receive posts/threads etc from the source account, and will REMAIN after the process...

Done Wink
Thanks manSmile