MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Template issues regarding removal of icons.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, as some of you may know I requested assistance with removing the default forum icons on my forums page, but whenever Jason L successfully explained how to remove them and I went through with it all, I noticed that it had pulled everything closer to the left hand side of the page rather than where it originally was positioned.

Here's what I mean,

[Image: f985f8b8.png]

Where it says 'Threads and Posts:' it should be underneath where it says Forum Stats, I would like some assistance on moving it back to the correct place on the right hand side. It looks very untidy if I have it all positioned the way it is right now.

Here's my website if you would like to look for yourself,

http://troll-forums.x10.mx/

Don't comment regarding the domain website URL, it's a temporary domain for the moment until I would on adding my other one.

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

Uzi.
I think that you're using a template that is incompatible with 1.6.5 / 1.6.4 (depending on the version you're using)
(2011-11-27, 02:29 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]I think that you're using a template that is incompatible with 1.6.5 / 1.6.4 (depending on the version you're using)

I'm not sure, Jason L gave me a replacement code for the template which kind of fixed it up a little bit although some of the stuff he told me to locate and edit wasn't even on the template to begin with. I removed the default forum icons so I could use Labrocca's Ficons_v2 plugin and have my own custom icons instead, after going through the procedures to remove the default ones I think it pulled in the Forum Stats information by accident, it may be possible to resolve although I don't know which part of the Template to edit.

I know the name of the template though and if necessary I will post the code which is inside it so you can see what's available to edit yourself.

Thank you.
you have to adjust colspan & add an empty td cell {forumbit_depth1_cat template}
(2011-11-27, 03:01 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]you have to adjust colspan & add an empty td cell {forumbit_depth1_cat template}

I'm not entirely sure on what I need to edit and everything, would you possibly guide me through it quickly? Thanks a lot.
you have to find how many columns you need and adjust td class thead's colspan .
td class tcat's colspan might also need a change . AND for correct table structure
you may have to add an empty td with required width ...

see Custom Forum Icons for guidance ...

In the forumbit_depth1_cat template, find:
colspan="3"

Replace with:
colspan="2"
(2011-11-27, 05:59 PM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]In the forumbit_depth1_cat template, find:
colspan="3"

Replace with:
colspan="2"

It's improved slightly, thank you although it's still a little messed up,

[Image: c5bb3e5e.png]

Usually there's more space between the Name of the latest thread and the Threads & Posts part. According to the preview of the theme on the downloads page it should appear like this,

[Image: 24e253b3.png]
that should be <td class="thead" colspan="5">
Thanks ranjani but it still didn't make a difference.
Pages: 1 2