MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Nickman's Custom Pages plugin error.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I see some great looking custom homepages on websites which use MyBB software and thought I'd give a shot at creating something similar to it. I thought it would be a good idea to find the Custom Pages plugin and that would make things a whole lot easier for myself, although whenever I install of the files from the download into the correct positions and it installs fine.

Here's a link to the Plugin Download page,

http://mods.mybb.com/view/custom-pages

It then says I can Activate the plugin in the Admin CP,

[Image: f262ff01.png]

I then continue and hit Activate afterwards and I receive this MyBB SQL Error stating that it's experienced an internal SQL Error and cannot continue,

[Image: 3da1bd1c.png]

I know it says that 1050 - Table 'mybb_pages' already exists but I don't understand what it's meaning. I don't recall it already existing. Could this be due to the fact I edited the plugin compatibility? At first it was originally 1.0 then I edited it to '16*' considering my website is using the latest software version (1.6.5), is this the root of the problem?

Also, how would I address this issue?

Thanks in advance everyone,

Regards,

Uzi.
editing the compatibility is not the issue .. you have to check your database & delete mybb_pages table if it exists

AND instead of the above plugin, I'd suggest to use page manager plugin ...
(2011-11-27, 02:39 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]editing the compatibility is not the issue .. you have to check your database & delete mybb_pages table if it exists

AND instead of the above plugin, I'd suggest to use page manager plugin ...

No problem, I'll give the above plugin a shot. Is it easy to use?
^ yes, it is easy to use ; see also page manager - sharing custom pages