MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Last 10 Threads In Signature for MyBB 1.6.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello,

after the last upgrade to 1.6.5 and Plugin Changes
http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/1.6.5#Plu...em_Changes
the last 10 threads before signature doesn't work , so i fix the bugs of the xplugin :
  • compatible with 1.6.x only.
  • change the urls from ( thread-0000.html ) to ( showthread.php?tid=0000

[attachment=24802]

download :
[attachment=28305]
or from mybb mods :
http://mods.mybb.com/view/last-10-thread...mybb-1-6-5
Thread approved.
THX after a long time
It needs to be styled better. The default fieldset and list items are unattractive. The last 10 threads in a signature is kinda overkill isn't it ? And you've also disallowed specific forum ID's within your query. Thats not going to work very well for others.
maybe , so gimme a better idea
Give you a better idea ? I just did.

1. Style it better.
2. Dont block specific forums in your query and release the plugin to the public, thats just ridicules.
ok , let's waiting others ideas Smile

(2013-01-13, 09:24 PM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]2. Dont block specific forums in your query and release the plugin to the public, thats just ridicules.

done Smile
idea:
Style into blocks with rounded egdes or apply a jquery to the display to make it look nice. There's plenty of libraries to use like cycle. A jquery like cycles to display 1 list item and hide rest and rotate them definitely would greatly increase it's value. Would be no conflict if done right too.
See testimony sliders for examples.

10 threads is a bit excessive... most users won't care... I'd recommend keeping it down to 3 or 5.

Good luck! and good work.
working on it
I do not recommend using this plugin on a live site. The reasons being:

1. no checks for permissions to the threads being pulled so private threads, etc are shown
  2. no checks for visibility/moderation of a thread
  3. no parsing of the subject (filtering, etc)
  4. makes a query for every post, even if the users has been queried already (performance)

now the minor things I can deal with like:
no settings
no styling
hardcoded number of items to show
etc

The main list above those I can not. Sorry man if I sound harsh, but its a security issue.
Pages: 1 2