MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CSS Problem - A css appear in my source, but I have no idea where it comes from
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, First, my site is actualy on localhost so I have no way to let you have a look at it.

I m using the theme "Dark Revolution"

At start It did worked well so I think i made a wrong modification.
Let me explain you, I want to change the header background-image in css, so in the theme I tried to change
background: color url(myimagepath/image.ext);
and it didn t worked.

I also tried : background-image: url(myimagepath/image.ext);
And it didn t worked.

Then I had a look at my html source, and I found this in the <head>
<style type="text/css">
.thead, .tfoot, input.button, .pagination_next, .pagination_previous, .pagination a:hover, .pagination .pagination_current, .psbitbtton_small:hover, .psbitbtton_big:hover, .ajax_mark_read {
background-color: ;
}
.header {
background-image: url();
}
</style>

When i manualy delete it using google crhome to "delete this part of code" it works verywell cause then the real css code is active.
So i m sure the problem come from here, but I searched everywhere and i can t find it :/

May you know where it could come from ?
thanks

PS:this is a totally appart question, but do you know a good and very fast host for mybb at a reasonable price (VPS or VDS sub $30)

Thanks again
That styling's there as Dark Revolution is supposed to be used with the theme manager plugin it's bundled with that allows you to modify the header image and the colours along with a few more things.
(2011-11-27, 03:32 PM)jeanpaul002 Wrote: [ -> ]background: color url(myimagepath/image.ext);

I also tried : background-image: url(myimagepath/image.ext);

HuhHuhHuh

image.ext ?????? what is this

(2011-11-27, 03:47 PM)mohdows Wrote: [ -> ]image.ext ?????? what is this

path to the image.extension

To the original poster, go to Admin CP > Templates & Style
from the left menu choose Templates
Click on the templates you are currently using...

The code you quoted above that want to delete is either in:
"header" (click on "Header Templates", and then click on "header", delete the code you quoted and save)

OR

Headerinclude (at the bottom of the page click on "Ungrouped Templates" then "headerinclude" and delete the code you quoted and save)
The Garfield, thank you so much, never saw any as fast support, and you resolved a problem that i was searshing for 10 hours, well it s a good think that i now know where is the <head> content stored

thanks again !

PS: any idea for a good cheap fast vps host ?

thanks again !