MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: add Like button to forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How to add a LIKE button to my Forum,?
I am very new to my-BB , please help me out friends
And also tell me how to edit templates?
Have you ever tried the Thanks button instead? It's very much the same as a like button.

Once you install the Thanks plugin you should change the thanks button to a Like button and change the template where it says 'User has been thanked by <username>' to 'User has been liked by <username>'.

Also, to edit Templates on your website you need to firstly visit the Administration Control Panel and go to Templates & Styles then go to the Templates and click where it says it along the left hand side then click on the templates for whichever theme you're currently using on your website.
Edit : not seen above response ...

editing templates is done through admin panel . on left side menu items you have a direct link for
templates. on clicking the link you get templates sets used on your forum. you can click on the
required templates set so that it expands to enlist the templates . templates are grouped as per
their functionality. each group can be expanded to get the templates under the group.

see [Wiki: Admin_CP_Templates] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
I am trying to also add FB like button on my home page, but i am not exactly getting were to paste the code in post_bit,
and were do i paste the code of thanks button @alternate

@ranjani thanks
OP, it depends where you want the like button to show.
ok thanks
Want to add a Facebook like button for your forum's fanpage? Use my plugin if you need then, it won't require any template edits and it would add it on header:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/facebook-like-button-1-0
You can do it yourself by first setting up your Facebook App on the Facebook website and adding the iFrame HTML they supply to you to your header or wherever you want.